Sunday, July 25, 2010

Candle Mania


I am kinda obsessed with candles and tablescapes right now. I was drooling when i saw Eddie Ross's table decor on his blog here. It makes me want to have a party for no reason at all - or maybe just to celebrate some insane fabric I found.



Images from Eddie Ross

I love the high impact blue candles above the and designer fabric used as a table cloth. I was hosting a cocktail party this past weekend so I decided I needed to call on my friend April. She developed Kaarskoker. This cool and funky line of candle sleeves adds instant glamor. You can use the sleeves on sconces or on the candlesticks that are also in her line. I love all of her graphic patterns, but my favorite right now are her marbleized paper.



For our table Saturday night I used her APA Marble and a pink marble. I went to the dollar tree and got cream candles for 50 cents each (yes I learned that things can be less than a dollar at the dollar store). Then i got some turquoise candle sticks from here - these were $8 each for the 18 inch Tapers (kinda $$$ but pack a punch). Then i found some remnants of fabric that matched our Summer picnic theme and Voila! the table scape was in the works...



Here are some other images of Kaarskoker candle sleeves being put to good use.






Both images above from kaarskoker


April was just in town from Seattle to pitch her line to a very well known home improvement store. We are going to be seeing kk jazzing up in the aisles of these stores very soon. I got a chance to see her while she was in town in her rented PT Cruiser.



here is her awesome feature in House Beautiful:


No comments:

Post a Comment