Thursday, August 12, 2010

Kathryn Morris Trotter

Our good friend Kathryn Trotter in Atlanta has nailed her latest collection of paintings. We are soooo loving her birds and have commissioned her to do some panels for us. I am sure you can guess which ones are ours (hint: think turquoise). We are so inspired that we have dusted off our sketch book, pulled out our paints and ... well, thats about as far as we have gotten.






I love her landscapes just as much as the birds. I could get lost on this river below.


You know why we like this one. The greens and blues are so incredible and fresh. I've seen this one in person and it is pretty fab.

I am trying to narrow down frame choices for the two panels below - they will go in my dining room. I am not good with frames and really have no idea what to do. I was thinking thin gold with an off-white linen liner (is that terminology correct?). But when I went to the frame store i lost my focus. Any advice? Do i even need to frame them?


Kathryn is having a show in Atlanta next Friday. Here is the info if you are in the area:
2010- Emerging Artist Show
Anne Irwin Fine Art
Friday, August 20, 2010 6-9pm through Labor Day Weekend
25 Bennett St NW Ste D - Atlanta, GA










1 comment:

  1. These paintings are so beautiful! Being the owner of a frame shop, I might be a little biased, but custom framing a piece of art always enriches and personalizes it. I would definitely recommend it!

    ReplyDelete